Crazy coin counter

Twice in the last few days I saw very weird effect.
I just open some lesson that I’ve been working on for a few days and LingQ immediately adds to the total of my daily coins some crazy amount of coins. Last week it was 5000+, today it’s 1000+. Not that this coins counter really matters to me but still all the statistics becomes corrupted.
Is it a way to correct the coins total of the day to the actual value when it happens? Or I missing something in the logic the LingQ handles coins counter? Did anybody else noticed such an effect?

Thanks for reporting, we will investigate the issue.

Hi @ted_west !
Let me ask a few questions:

1. Are you using a Web version or a mobile application?
  2. Do you remember if you did something else besides opening a lesson?
    (maybe you added/removed the Words Read or Listening statistics in the Lesson Stats or performed any other actions)
  3. Can you throw a link to the lesson, or describe it (internal/imported, small/large, with audio/video, single or from a course)?
  4. Does it continue happening with you?
  1. I used Web version of Lingq

2. No, I didn’t do anything else after opening the lesson and immediately noticed this huge increase of coin counter (about 5000)

3. Yes, that was Licia Domanda 4 lesson, pretty large podcast from Culture section:
    https://www.lingq.com/en/learn/it/web/reader/784323

4. That happened approx. on Nov 13 2023 and the second time a few days later with some other lesson but I don’t remember which one.

1 Like