Controlling Font and Font Size

Today, I was working on a (private) lesson in LingQ, and for some reason the text in the Lesson Notes section was so tiny I could not read it.

I noticed that I can change the text to bold in the textarea, but couldn’t work out how to change font (e.g. to times new roman) and font size. In the end, I ended up having to copy the texts into a word processor, changing font and size there, and then copying it back into the editor of the lesson notes.

I am sure there must be a much simpler way to do it that this, but I couldn’t work it out.

By the way, is there any way to set the font and font size for a whole course? For example, the default font renders upper case I (the letter after H) and lower case l (the letter after K) so that they appear the same, whereas - of course - I need to see them differently when learning the spelling of new words in a foreign language.

The font size and formatting for notes and other resources is preserved, as these entry fields allow HTML formatting.

At the moment there isn’t a way to adjust the font and font size for lesson texts, though this is something we’ve discussed in the past and may implement some day.

I struggle a bit to read the default Russian font on LingQ. I muddle up the “l” and the “p” because it’s (I think) a sans-serif font. I can read faster on my phone using the Coolreader app which, I guess, has a serif Russian font.

I wish the font were different for Korean, such as ‘바탕’. 바탕 can be so much easier on the eyes.