Coming home

So I finally decided to do it. I decided to come back home.

It has been almost twenty years - yes really THAT long! Yet I always knew in my heart that this day would come.

System 7.5 - that was where I left my very first computer to defect to the foul evil empire of Bill Gates!

But now I’m coming home folks - to a laptop with 8 Gig of RAM, a retina display and OSX Mavericks!

I already knew I was winning when I was allowed to specify an ambiently adjusted backlit German keyboard with an English instruction manual - for a British delivery address. Only Apple!

Your little grandma left you some dough? :slight_smile:

She did - but that was more than ten years ago! :slight_smile:

(Hey, new year = new laptop, it makes sense to me…!)

Congratulations on your new laptop! What are your first impressions of Mavericks? Though if you have been off Macs for 20 years, you may not have any way to judge it.

Mavericks is nice.

Easy – You like the German keyboard layout? Actually, you like anything BUT the US keyboard? Yes yes I get it, US is not the rest of the world… but what is the deal with the German, Brit, Swiss, etc keyboards with the large “Enter / Return” key? It consumes the space reserved (on the US keyboard) for the "" key… so they shrink the Left Shift and put the slash key there? That shortened shift key drives me crazy. I end up with \sentences \like \this.

@Easy_Rider - I moved back to Vancouver when I was 18, and despite only having lived in Vancouver for 4 years - ages 0 to 2 and 10 to 12, it was still very much my “home”. It’s interesting to see that the same appears to hold true for you as well, despite being abroad for almost two decades. :slight_smile: 2014 should be an exciting year for you! Oh, and enjoy your new gadget!

EDIT - Got my ages mixed up… 12 to 14 has been changed to 10 to 12 :stuck_out_tongue: