Chinese Now Available

We frequently get requests from members and visitors to add Chinese to LingQ so I’m happy to announce that we have finally done so. You can now study Chinese with all the tools you are used to using in other languages. I do have to say, however, that we did not add it on purpose! In fact, it was put up accidentally and then we had to scramble to get it functional after the fact. Why do I mention this? Because, you will see, if you go to Chinese, that we don’t have any content there at all. Also, Chinese will have all the same limitations as we have now with Japanese.

However, as with Japanese, I’m sure many of you will happily use LingQ to learn Chinese and we will start to see shared content go up in the Store both from learners of Chinese and from Chinese native speakers. We’re looking forward to building up our Chinese content. We will also work to add Chinese content ourselves over the next little while including a ChineseLingQ podcast in the not too distant future. Any Chinese members interested in participating in our Chinese podcast, please let us know.

Oh…and in case you’re wondering, we won’t be adding any other languages anytime soon!

Hi.

Is this Chinese Mandarin or Cantonese?

Thanks.

Posted back in '08 when Lingq was rolling out (rolling out = Americanism for ‘introducing a new feature, product, etc’) Mandarin Chinese.