Can't lingq phrase containing Japanese comma

When I highlight phrase with Japanese comma (i.e. えっと、猫は足が4本あります) and try to create lingq, although the whole phrase is highlighted, the ling is created only for “えっと”. I tried to lingq this pghrase both from lesson and vocabulary page – only “えっと” :frowning:
Also it is quite tricky to lingq a phrase when there are lingqs for all words in this phrase. If there is no any punctuation mark, I think it is impossible to lingq such phrase from lesson page… i.e. phrase “よく わかりません”. I have lingqs for both “よく” and “わかりません” (it is already known lingqs, so these words are just underlined). When I highlight “よく わかりません”, nothing happens. It works only if I highlight “よく わかりません。”

”ここではきものをぬいでください” can be understood in different ways, and the system might be confused.

1. ”ここでは、きものをぬいでください”
  2. ”ここで、はきものをぬいでください”

I suppose that the system consider the sentence below new.
3) ”ここではきものをぬいでください。”
I think that the system is not good at these things, and I feel relieved.
“ここで、履き物を脱いでください。” is easily understood with kanji and comma.

”ここではきものをぬいでください” is an interesting example. In Russian the most common example is “Казнить нельзя помиловать” (execute impossible to be pardoned). This phrase have two different meanings: “Execute. Impossible to be pardoned” and “Execute impossible. To be pardoned.”

Or an English example: Fruit flies like a banana.

The Russian example is the most bloodthirsty one…

The Japanese example is not for children. (?)

Time flies like an arrow. →「時バエ、矢を好む。」
Fruit flies like a banana. →「果物は、バナナのように飛ぶ。」

“Dragon flies like lightning.”
(機械翻訳への取り組み | 日経クロステック(xTECH))

:)) I just imagined “dragon flies” eating lightning :)))

Ok, stop flooding :slight_smile: otherwise Mark did not notice my complain about lingqing bug :)))

There was a danger of it getting lost in all that action, Rasana! :wink: We know there are some issues with LingQing phrases. We are trying to figure out what to do. We will look into this issue in Japanese.