Can't import full Netflix subtitles

Trying to import the subtitles for the first episode of Ragnarok on Netflix, but it only imports roughly the last third of the show. Is there anything that can force it to import the whole show?

I’ve tried importing from both Chrome and Firefox.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Do you have issue with that one specific video or anything you try to import from Netflix?

1 Like

I’ve only tried three videos so far. One was a long time ago and seemed to work fine. I did the second episode of this series and it appeared to work fine, but I haven’t worked through the whole episode yet. All I know is that I have tried many times in multiple browsers for the first episode and I can’t get it to pull the whole show.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks, we are looking into it.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I hit this issue today: I attempted to import Alice In Borderland: Season 1, Episode 1.

The episode is about 45 minutes long excluding the credits.
The first line of dialog in my LingQ import is from 37:45, so LingQ only has the last ~7 minutes of the episode.

I see that this post is over a year old. @zoran Was the team able to identify the issue? Have any other LingQ users found workarounds? ASBPlayer seems able to see all the subtitles, so I wonder if we’re hitting LingQ’s maximum lesson length, should it be imported into chunks, into multiple lessons?

1 Like

The issue you mentioned should be fixed. I’ll ask our team to re-investigate. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I did some testing to try to narrow down the problem.

I tried importing in Chrome instead of my normal browser, Edge. Same problem happened in Chrome.

I also tried importing with AI-optimized word splitting disabled.

Disabling AI did not fix the problem, but it did introduce another problem:
The imported lesson is full of ‎ which is an HTML encoding thing. Was AI stripping out the HTML, and by disabling it, I uncovered another bug in the import process? I’m not sure.

Here’s an example:

As text:
‎(アリス)‎正方形のビルに正方形の部屋は‎造れても縦に3つ

These LRMs are present in the VTT file which LingQ downloads from Netflix. For example, the line shown above comes from this in the VTT:

00:37:45.930 --> 00:37:49.392 position:50.00%,middle align:middle size:80.00% line:74.00% 
<c.japanese><c.bg_transparent>&lrm;(アリス)</c.bg_transparent></c.japanese>
<c.japanese><c.bg_transparent>&lrm;正方形のビルに 正方形の部屋は</c.bg_transparent></c.japanese>
<c.japanese><c.bg_transparent>&lrm;造れても縦に3つ</c.bg_transparent></c.japanese>
1 Like

I’m having this same issue as well. I tried importing Holiday Secrets S1, E1 and the first line in LingQ is not until around the 21 min mark of the video.

2 Likes