Cagamos translation help

poquito nos cagamos de frío ayer.

Ling translates this as: “we got a little cold yesterday” but it says ‘cagamos’ is a slang/vulgar word. Should this translate as something different?

1 Like

“cagarse de frío” - literally: to shit oneself due to cold (temperature). A vulgar way to say it was really cold yesterday.

1 Like

Interesting, thank you.

1 Like

Yeah, one of the downsides of using machine translations is they sometimes censor themselves with vulgar phrases and you end up not catching on :smiley:

1 Like

I understand, we live in an age where to be offensive is form of violence and we must be protected and live in safe spaces. Anyway, this is a first moment of cultural insight in my Spanish learning journey: the Spanish are very fearful of the cold.

Here is a fun way to remember the word cagarse. I promise it is more fun/weird than vulgar. This is how I first heard the word, and I never forgot. :smiley:
I give to you, “Caga tió”

1 Like

ha ha ha, no conocía ese video, muy divertido. :+1:

1 Like

I remember learning the word ‘cagar’. I told my tutor that I needed to ‘cargar’ my laptop, but in English we don’t emphasize the ‘R’ in the middle of a word, so he heard ‘cagar’ and then explained it to me