[bugs] Lesson acting funny & Little annoyances

Few things that have been bugging me for awhile…

First issue is I’ve got a podcast episode (Ep. 65 [“Cantonese Talk] My Bubu dog in Hong Kong is ill”, reader/22347007) that I’ve shared but seems buggy. Under ‘Edit Course’ it was moved to be ordered numerically, but shows in a different place once out of Edit Course mode. Also although it was shared, it never showed up under ‘What’s New’ and seems like it’s not actually shared.

Another minor issue is I have a couple of podcast episodes (reader/22346973, /reader/22346993) that when I edited the name, ‘slashes’ were introduced and I can’t get rid them.

Finally already been reported but still getting the hashtags when I copy and paste from another place in a lesson…

‘Under ‘Edit Course’ it was moved to be ordered numerically, but shows in a different place once out of Edit Course mode. Also although it was shared, it never showed up under ‘What’s New’ and seems like it’s not actually shared.’

• This one can be fixed easily, go to edit lesson and try a few things. You are basically trying to force an update of that lesson.
  • Check the categories, shared lessons can sometimes require 2 category tags
  • Change a small part of the lesson text, update the lesson difficulty (swap to advanced back to Beginner)

Another minor issue is I have a couple of podcast episodes (reader/22346973, /reader/22346993) that when I edited the name, ‘slashes’ were introduced and I can’t get rid them.

• I had a look for these lessons but they are not public or they are deleted.
  • The issue here is most likely to do with formatting, the \ could be attempting to represent a new line but has failed to insert the correct syntax for some reason.

Finally already been reported but still getting the hashtags when I copy and paste from another place in a lesson…

• The #s are likely another formatting problem. There is an easy fix for this, just right click and paste without formatting. Or paste the data into a text field that allows this option and then copy it from there to your lesson.

If the inconsistencies bother you enough, just delete the lesson and post it again. Otherwise, who cares.

1 Like

Hi,
I reordered the lessons and shared lesson 65 again. For me it shows up now, both in the “what’s new” shelf and in the course view.
As for the formatting, this appears to be technical, maybe @Zoran can take a look.

1 Like

This is similar to the issue that I mentioned in the [Bug] ## added at the beginning of a sentence after editing it topic.

From what I have been able to tell, it happens for any text in LingQ that appears in brackets: []

If you have an Ipad/Android phone (what I have experience with using LingQ), you might be able to go and manually delete the slashes like I do—until LingQ can fix the bug.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. I asked our testers to look into these issues and report to developers if needed.

1 Like