[BUG] Korean TTS voice is different for individual words and whole sentence

Hi,

I have set In-Joon (male) as my Korean TTS voice in the reader settings. This is fine when I click on individual words, but when I click on the loudspeaker icon to hear the full sentence, I have a female voice speaking.

This is occurring both on web and mobile (Android as well as iOS).

Ideally, both should be the same. Can you look into this please?

Thanks, we will investigate the issue.

Hi @SeoulMate, could you please share the link to the lesson where you are having this issue as an example, so we could investigate.
TTS voice in some cases may be different and it is expected:

1. when you import ebook/lesson, generate TTS audio with women voice and afterwards change it to male voice. As audio wasn’t removed from lesson, when you hit play button for a sentence, you will hear sentence from attached audio file with women voice.
  2. when you access shared lesson, which has attached audio file and it has valid timestamps, when you hit play button for a sentence, you will hear sentence from attached audio file.
  3. when you access shared lesson, which has attached video (for example, lesson was imported from YouTube), and it has valid timestamps, when you hit play button for a sentence, you will hear sentence from that video.
    TTS for words are working differently (words are not taken from attached audio files, videos, etc.). Thanks

It seems to have been fixed now.

1 Like