Bookmarks

I see there is a small icon saying “toggle bookmarks” in the corner. What is it and how do you use it?

We’ll be uploading a post briefly about it :slight_smile:
If you enable Bookmarks then you will see a bookmark at the start of each “paragraph” (depending on the format of the lesson). You can drag one of these to your bookmarks bar and resume reading/LingQing much easier than having to scroll through and find where you left off. I’ll make sure to post the link to the LingQ Central blog post when it’s posted.

This looks like a more useful improvement than the avatar! :slight_smile: Thanks!

There’s a little something for everyone in this update :slight_smile:

Here’s the post. :slight_smile:
http://bit.ly/e6oXZY

I have a problem with the bookmarks in Firefox 4 Beta 12. Bookmarks appear as links with the title of the lesson at the beginning of every paragraph and I cannot hide them because the “Bookmarks” button isn’t displayed correctly. I am aware this may depend on the beta version of the browser, but maybe there’s something you can do. Meanwhile, I’ll switch to Google Chrome.

Is there a way to remove the bookmarks from my texts?

@mikebond - Clearing your browser’s cache should get rid of this problem.

@Yvette - Just click the button at the top right of the page to toggle the bookmarks on or off.

Thanks, Alex! Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks a bunch!

I like the bookmark idea, but it often doesn’t work in Japanese texts because they are not paragraphed conventionally. So you get one bookmark at the top of the page.

Ed, this might occur if there is an empty paragraph at the top of the lesson. Can you link to a lesson where this is the case?

Can you give me the links that end in /buy/ ?

I don’t know what you mean.

They are Kokoro 1 and Amedama from the Japenese library.

Sorry, I was referring to the links from the Collection page. Those links are to your personal copies of those lessons.

I wasn’t able to find Amedama, but I did find Kokoro. It’s due to the way the lesson was imported, so there’s unfortunately nothing we can do about it except go in and manually add paragraphs. If you like, I can give you editor access in Japanese so you can edit lessons as you come across them.

Sorry, next time I’ll link to the collection version. Sure I’ll take pencil. I’ll also edit errors if I can confirm them with a native speaker.

Ok, I’ve now given you editor access for Japanese. Thanks for helping! :slight_smile:

This bookmark icon and functionality is not mentioned in the help page of the lesson reader.

Thanks for noting this. We’ll look at adding this in when we update the Help section.