Better formatting of PDF files

When I have a PDF transcript to import, epub file, etc., it’s well formatted. Once imported, it’s a bit of a mess.

Has the Lingq development team thought about a way to better format such input?

2 Likes

Indeed! PDF is probably a bit too complex because its formatting is more visual than text-based, but it would be very helpful if e.g. epubs could be divided into chapters if and when available in the source file. To the extent that PDF allows the same, ditto for it.

1 Like

I dont know if this is a solution you are looking for. with a free tool like Calibre you can convert pdf file to text file then edit/delete the irrelevant part from it. Then import it as lesson by clicking on it that would lead you to create a course and import all lessons. I stopped importing pdf directly under ebook because when i do it the screen of the lesson gets frozen; going back and forth within the lesson is a huge problem which is no longer the case if i import it as the text file under lesson. This is what I do these days if I want to import the ebook.

Fixed that typo. I meant that.

1 Like

I think @asad100101 means “Calibre”? Yes, also imho pdf is difficult to import. Convert it to TXT or even better DOCX, that changes the game.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I meant.

1 Like