Best Digital Dictionary?

Hi. I am learning Spanish at the moment and I was wondering what computerized dictionary is the best. I have used the one provided by the LingQ, and I like it very much. But I also want one that is part of my computer.

Do you all have any suggestions? I am currently using the “Collins” digital dictionary (trial version) and I think its VERY GOOD.

Know of any others?

Thanks.

I like the wordreference one, but it is online
http://www.wordreference.com/
Hope it helps.

Hi arjan,
I use the “Collins” too and I like it very much. However I use the english/french version and I don’t know about the english/spanish one.
Regards

I use the ifinger Concise Oxford English Spanish/Spanish English. It has a pop-up feature and a lot of good examples. It can also be added to any other ifinger based dictionary such as the Prisma Dutch, Hachette French, etc. It costs 28 Euros or 37 USD which is a lot in my opinion since on-line dictionaries are free, however, I have used mine a lot and it is always available, even if the internet is not.

Arjan, where did you get the Collins digital?

JB

Jbudding! Sorry I took so long to respond here. Just check Collins spanish dictionary in any search engine. Should bring you right to their site. Also, I recommend signing up for the “Spanish word of the day”. You get a new word everyday, along with a few sentences in which it is used.

Thanks for the tip arjan. I checked out Collins using the MSN search engine and found out that their digital dictionary is online. I travel a lot and so I can’t always get an internet connection so the on-line dictionary has limitations for me. However, it does have a lot of good example sentences showing the words in real use which I find lacking in most other on-line dictionaries I have seen. I found that they have a stand alone version of the collins English Spanish for Windows or Mac for $31.59 USD plus VAT and shipping. About the same as my ifinger popup Oxford.

I have an English only Collins which now comes with a cdrom (my version is pre-cd edition) and I like it for the great example sentences it comes with and the interesting way they make up the definitions and they highlight words by frequency of use which I find interesting.

Thanks for the tip arjan. I checked out Collins using the MSN search engine and found out that their digital dictionary is online. I travel a lot and so I can’t always get an internet connection so the on-line dictionary has limitations for me. However, it does have a lot of good example sentences showing the words in real use which I find lacking in most other on-line dictionaries I have seen. I found that they have a stand alone version of the collins English Spanish for Windows or Mac for $31.59 USD plus VAT and shipping. About the same as my ifinger popup Oxford.

I have an English only Collins which now comes with a cdrom (my version is pre-cd edition) and I like it for the great example sentences it comes with and the interesting way they make up the definitions and they highlight words by frequency of use which I find interesting.

hellow i try to do some bilogical transletion, that I do not have enoght experience neither knologes, then what can I do? thanks.