Beginner-Intermediate ebook suggestions?

Hello! I am around Beginner 2 transitioning into Intermediate 1. I am reading through the Korean folktales series ( [외국인을 위한 한국어 읽기) which has been really good! However, I am hoping to find some longer form content that is still very simple. (I tend to read more consistently when I’m pursuing a specific story over time as opposed to hopping around to new content constantly)

I’m thinking about the types of chapter books I read as an 8-10 year old. (Junie B Jones, Magic treehouse, My Father’s dragon, Rowan of Rin, Animal Ark, The Boxcar children, Encyclopedia Brown, etc. 50-100 page books with interesting but simple stories in a variety of genres.) My preference would be for books written originally in Korean, but if those are not to be found then translations could be fine.

Any recommendations for those types of books that are available as ebooks that I could upload into Lingq?

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps somewhat more advanced than what you are currently looking for:

에드워드 툴레인의 신기한 여행
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (by Kate DiCamillo)

This can be found on youtube by searching for the korean book title. Korean subtitles are unfortunately auto-created, however, the video also shows the text (in Korean + in English).

2 Likes

It isn’t a book, but it has subtitles and is aimed at children. However, it is hilarious, even for an adult.

It is a lot of 반말, though. But not too dialogue intensive.

1 Like

I’ll check both of those out! Thank you! ^^

1 Like

If you’re looking for great ebook suggestions for beginner to intermediate levels, there are plenty of valuable resources out there. For those interested in exploring innovative technology and advancements, I highly recommend checking out this site. It provides a wealth of information on various topics, including tech and business innovations. Explore it at ChatGPT Korea to find out more and stay updated on the latest trends and insights.

1 Like

A while back I searched for intermediate level books and found these on Google Play: children’s fairy tales

There’s also: Changbi Youth Literature (National Book Award for Young People’s Literature).

I think this second group is aimed at preteens but I’m not sure. If you click on individual books sometimes you’ll find a matching audiobook.

I haven’t read any of them yet so I can’t offer recommendations. If you do end up buying and reading some of them, please let us know!

1 Like

There’s also; biographies written for children and teenagers

2 Likes