Anyone learned Hebrew and Arabic together?

So I’m just wondering whether this would lead to manic confusion or something?

I’ve always been attracted to Arabic (to the sound especially.)

But Hebrew is the one I really seriously want to be able to read - when all is said and done.

I’ve got some great resources for both. I’m wondering whether I would be crazy to go at both together?

(At the moment I might be listening to Arabic for all afternoon, then I might listen to some modern Israeli music just to relax - and it kind of mentally clicks, somehow…)

I don’t think there is much danger of confusion. A few words like shalom-salem, shouk-souk. The number 4 arba, arbaa slight change in the vowel but shockingly recognisable. Once you become accustomed to the consonant shifts its possible to recognize common roots, but the languages aren’t as similar as languages within the romance or slavic groups.
Also some Arabic has entered modern Hebrew as slang - ahlan, yalla, walla (name of a Hebrew language newsite), sababa.

“…Also some Arabic has entered modern Hebrew as slang - ahlan, yalla, walla (name of a Hebrew language newsite), sababa…”

I did notice that one of the songs on my iPod has “ya kalb” in it.

(It’s a song about Nasrallah - I don’t think the band like him very much :smiley: Yalla ya nasralla פרישמן והחלוצים - יאללה יא נסראללה - YouTube It’s a wonderfully catchy tune!)