Android LingQ Audio Player problems

So is there any official update regarding this? It’s not some isolated bug, the Android app just doesn’t work, basically…

@praeshock, I am trying but I am unable to reproduce that issue. I started the audio, then left the app and used other apps for more than 10 minutes but the audio from LingQ app was still playing properly. Do you have that problem with specific language only or with specific lessons? Does it happen if you listen a playlist or if you listen audio directly from a lesson? What exactly you do after you leave the app?

@jonasjack Which issue exactly are you experiencing with the app? Does the audio stop by itself for you too? If so, does the audio stop in the moment when notification from any other app appear? If you can give us any specific detail that will help us to figure out the issue that would be great.

I have recorded the issue on my Samsung Galaxy S8 with a screen recorder, this happens in the playlist player and in the lesson player. It doesn’t matter what app I open, LingQ just freezes and or crashes after a while. Sometimes within seconds sometimes within minutes.

That’s pretty much exactly how the app behaves on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+). Works for a while and then just disappears, as if it wasn’t running at all.

Happens all the time for me as well. Runs fine for 10 minutes or so and then just shuts down. Sometimes it doesn’t even get through a single track before it shuts down.

Mine is exactly the same as Seul-gi Issue, it happens when I am playing audio from my library that has already been downloaded though wifi. the language Is Spanish and this happens when I am swapping between apps. this has been going on for weeks now.

I’m glad I’m not alone. The fact that my carrier is throttling my network speeds for no logical reason and I can’t get a consistent listening track to work, is driving me crazy at work.

I have just stopped using the app completely for listening. I download the mp3 on my laptop and transfer. I hope this gets fixed soon.

I’m still waiting for some sort of update; beginning to think it’s just not going to be fixed.

I’m the same if this was iPhone it would have been fixed more or less straight away

Yep, because someone uses his iPad an awful lot. :wink:

I’m sure they are working on it, but it seems to me that Android coding is a bit harder compared to iOS. And maybe they are even preparing a bigger update who knows. >_<

It will be fixed for sure! We are doing our best to have it fixed asap. The issue is related to specific Android versions only, and it makes it bit more difficult to have it fixed, but we hope to have it finally solved within a next few days.

within the next few days?

From April to July, what’s a few more days, ya’ know? :slight_smile:

I have the same problem on Galaxy S8. Still waiting the update. Anyway, the android version is 4.5.1 and on IOS, 4.5.5. I hope android version will reach IOS. Thank for your work and courage. You will manage to fix it :slight_smile:

Any update?

I think we are going to release new app version early next week.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. :frowning: