Android app questions

I use a Nexus 7 tablet (2012 version) and a Droid Razr Maxx HD phone with the LingQ Android apps. The phone app works much better than the tablet app, but neither seem to sync completely with what is on my MacBook Pro. The phone is much better than the tablet, but I still have to redo a number of definitions for words that I know I did on my laptop when I use the phone app. I have given up on using the tablet because all the words are blue for the lessons.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get my laptop, phone, and tablet to sync? Is there a FAQ about this somewhere on the site? I searched but couldn’t find any answers.

Yes, I know I probably should have all Apple devices, but my budget did not have enough money for an IPhone and IPad so I went the cheaper route.

@defrno - Thanks for using the app! I’ve taken a closer look into this and it seems there are still some issues with synchronization. We’ll see what we can do to correct these remaining issues, and should hopefully have things working properly in the next update.

Should you run into any other issues with the site/app, please feel free to get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to assist you!