An Idea for Norwegian Content

Hi all,

I’m one of those people who have been looking forward to having Norwegian here for a long time and am happy to see content starting to appear - mange takk Madeleine! - but have thought of something that might allow for easy and fast creation of a lot of content.

There is an online Norwegian newspaper which uses simple Norwegian called Klar Tale which could be a basis for creating a lot of content here. Of course people can use this as a source for privately importing content but there is still the issue of audio. While they have a podcast, it is always very lengthy and does not have an accompanying transcript. I’ve tried to look up the articles from the podcast but they don’t seem to be around, it is as if they have different stuff for their podcast.

What might be an idea is for perhaps an administrator or someone with experience in requesting permission for using content to send an e-mail to Klar Tale asking if we could openly share their articles. If we get the thumbs up then people who might not otherwise have much time to construct lessons but would still like to contribute, could take an article from the site, record a reading for it and then share it.

I think doing this could have the potential to dramatically increase the amount of Norwegian content we could have on here and it would be a fairly interesting source.

Here is the site in question: http://bit.ly/ZJLIe

It might be an idea for someone who speaks Norwegian to send the email though. I sent them an email a while back in English asking if they might ever provide the transcript for their podcasts as it would be useful for language learners but heard nothing back.

If at the end of the day we get a “no, sorry” from them at least there should be some others studying Norwegian who now know of a useful source for reading content. :slight_smile:

Thats a great idea, but yes I also find it difficult when so much is copyrighted etc (I dont even know exactly what type of content has copyright or not its so confusing, thinking that i just posted some poems here but the audio I made myself…)

But yes, would be cool if that newspaper agreed to that!

Madeleine, any written text is copyrighted, unless otherwise stated. In most European countries, copyright expires 70 years after the death of the author. I suppose this is true for Norway, too.
It would be good if you wrote to that website to ask for permission to use their texts.

I don’t know if this site might be useful to you Madeleine, but it deals with copyright in Norway: http://bit.ly/eegUHW

As Michele suggested, would it be okay if you could e-mail Klar Tale? It would be best to e-mail them in Norwegian I imagine. Hopefully they will be okay with it!

Thanks for the link! Yes, I can check out Klar Tale and send them an email when I have time=)

Excellent, thank you! :slight_smile:

I emailed Klar Tale some days ago but they have not answered back yet… :frowning: I emailed the chief direcor/editor of the magazine… or what its called (the one in charge of it)… but it seems like she does not answer, ( or does not care if we just put it out… :stuck_out_tongue: )

When I wrote to the Finnish radio to ask for the permission to share their podcasts of “Nuntii latini”, it took them more than one month to answer and say no without explaining why.
So, Madeleine, just be patient! :slight_smile:

Thanks for e-mailing her! Hopefully we’ll get a response back at some point in the near future. They are likely quite busy and may want to have a meeting about it to discuss whether or not it would be okay. If you don’t hear anything back after another week then could you please email her again and ask if she got the e-mail and are considering it? Just hope they will reply and not just ignore it like they did with my e-mail from a while back.