American History Series in VOA Special English,

This collection begins with #2, is there a part 1 somewhere or is it a mistake in the numbering? I haven’t read this text yet, I just wonder…
Thanks.

Marianne,

One day we will have our editing committees for different languages. It is not possible for us to control all the content that is contributed to the library. I hope the person who contributed this is reading the forum.

I understand, Steve.
I hope too that part 1 is added to the collection created at LingQ.

As I have more time this morning to check, I found part 1 on VOA so I am able to listen to this part first :slight_smile:
The American history seems to begin from part 2. Nevertheless, part 1 is not uninteresting…

If we do not have part 1, it would be great if you could add it to the Library.

I noticed that 3 new parts have been added today. Can’t you find who created this collection and ask to add #1 ?

Marianne,
It’s me. I created this collection yesterday. I skipped part 1, because part 1 is a introduction of this series. OK, I’ll add #1 soon.

As a matter of fact, this is my first shared items since I joined the LingQ in 2007. I understand it takes time and some work, but it’s fun. Thank you everyone to post many interesting items in the LingQ library. I sometimes imported my favorite text and audio in LingQ and use them privately, because of its copyright.

I prefer to listen to normal speed radio programs to slow VOA Special English. However I realize that this American history series is fun to listened to, even if they speak slowly. I didn’t know much about American history.

I hope you also enjoy the series.

I have just added #1 of this collection.
Hope you like it.

Hi Naobo, they are your first items that you share and they’re great! Thanks. When I looked for part 1 this morning, I read that it is an introductory but it is not uninsteresting to know about. If you had changed the numbering, I would not even noticed that one part was missing since the US history begins from part 2 :slight_smile: I like history, and appreciate that you share these items. I studied this country history, but I am going to study it again with pleasure. In addition, it’s good to be able to listen to it this time…

Sorry, I mispelled your name. Hi Nobuo :slight_smile: