AM I RIGHT?

I dont know how it is wrong, please help me.
1,_____ of staging a play that help the audience understand its structure and meaning
a,Specific aspects b, When specific aspects
c,Specific aspects are d,There are specific aspects
I choose d, the right answer is b
2 - . Even though John F. Kennedy failed to receive the Democratic Party.s vice presidential nomination in 1956. _____ won their nomination for President in 1960.
a,he b, who d, and d, but
I choose a, the right answer is b
3,The man …in the accident was taken to the hospital
a, who injured b, that injured c, injuring d, injured
I choose d, the right answer is c.

No you spelled it wrong

AMIRITE?

Is the correct spelling

That is it. You are right.

@anejame

I would have chosen the same answers that you chose.

The answer c, “injuring,” for number 3 can not possibly be correct.

I am really confused with these sentences so I post them here so that you all can explain or say why I am wrong or right. Unfortunately no tutor wants to answer.
@donhamiltontx.
3,The man …in the accident was taken to the hospital
a, who injured b, that injured c, injuring d, injured
I choose d, the right answer is c.
I think c is the short form of a and b. so if c is right, both a and b are acceptable. therefore, d is my option. but the answer for the sentence is c. I do not know why???

Damnit. I just typed up a long explanation… and then the “Post” button gave me an Internal server error. So here’s the condensed:

A, B, C are totally wrong. A, B could be changed to
The man who WAS injured in the accident was taken to the hospital
The man that WAS injured in the accident was taken to the hospital
They mean the same too. Who/that doesn’t change the meaning.

C is just wrong. Injuring suggests the accident is still happening. “Was taken” means the accident is done…

Fire whoever is teaching you English

@anejame
Your answers are correct. The answer key is wrong.
@spatterson
There was a car accident yesterday involving two cars. In one car, there were no injuries. In the other car, there were 4 people, 3 of which had their seat belts fastened. There wouldn’t have been any injuries in the 2nd car if that one guy had just fastened his seat belt. During the accident, the unsecured passenger bounced around like a ping pong ball, injuring himself seriously, and all the other people in the car superficially. He was taken to the hospital. So, the man doing all the injuring in the accident wast taken to the hospital. Or the shorter form: The man injuring in the accident was taken to the hospital. Unlikely, but not impossible.

I actually typed up something like that… then LingQ crashed. Your example is better though

@anejame You should be very careful to include every period, comma, semi-colon, colon and word of each sentence because many of these answers can change with even the slightest difference in the sentence. This isn’t a minor thing because these types of tests are usually about noticing every part of the sentence.

For example, in sentence 1 you don’t have it ending in a period. Probably you just forgot it. The thing is though, that if it does end in a period, it has to be your answer, and if the sentence continues then it could be a different answer. And in sentence 2 you have a period after 1956. ‘He’ is the only word that makes the second sentence a complete sentence, but then why isn’t it capitalized in the answer choices? If b truly is the best answer then there shouldn’t be a period there.

@all.There was a car accident yesterday involving two cars. In one car, there were no injuries. In the other car, there were 4 people, 3 of which had their seat belts fastened. There wouldn’t have been any injuries in the 2nd car if that one guy had just fastened his seat belt. During the accident, the unsecured passenger bounced around like a ping pong ball, injuring himself seriously, and all the other people in the car superficially. He was taken to the hospital. So, the man doing all the injuring in the accident wast taken to the hospital. Or the shorter form: THE MAN INJURING IN THE ACCIDENT WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL . Unlikely, but not impossible
the man injuring in the accident was taken to the hospital. in this sentence the verb “injure” used in active form and it is acceptable in grammar and the phrase “the man injuring” becomes very popular. however, as I mentioned above if it is correct the answer A and B are correct. the exercise copied from the site called “English - test. com” . thanks for your help

@Anejame.
At this point, my best advice to you is to move on to your next lesson. When I work in Lingq and meet something I don’t understand, I try a little bit harder to understand. But if a little more effort does not help, I just go on to the next thing. There is just too much to learn to spend too much time on just one small item. That’s how I feel about it, anyway.

@donhamiltontx. thanks for your advice but I have to explain all kinds of grammar structures to my students. I cannot say I am sorry I do not know. I am just a bridge to connect you and my students.