AI transcribtion doesn't transcribe quotes

I’ve noticed that often when a speaker quotes from a text, the quoted passage will not be transcribed. Quite annoying.

1 Like

That’s interesting…wonder if it excludes copyrighted works somehow?

1 Like

It was quoting from the bible…

1 Like

I’ve experienced this recently as well in French. When the person reciting the news in a YouTube video quotes someone by saying “je cite,” then the quote is missing and the transcript resumes after the quote ends. I thought it was a random glitch at first but it seems to happen consistently.

1 Like

I’d guess it would have to be tied to the text somehow. Have you tried deleting the words “je cite” from the text to see if that helps?

@mleune @sma_grodorna Guys, could you please throw here links to video or audio, which have quotes in them and show the described issue after the transcription? It would help investigate the issue.

1 Like

I noticed the same problem, so I’ll try to find these video"lessons. But I think that this problem is linked to the fact that some youtube videos have their own subtitles, and whoever makes subs decided to not include text that is shown on the screen in subs. Citations themselves do not trigger the absence of text.
Example:

The text is AI generated from the audio. You would have to clip “je cite” out of the audio and then transcribe the file.