A revolving door

Hi,

anyone knows the meaning of this phrase?

Thanks in advance,
Israel.

The more you read at your advanced level, the more you will have to work it out for yourself what’s going on.

A clue to an answer to your question is in the heading preceding that sentence:

“Warning Sign: Executive departures” and later in the sentences following it.

A revolving door at the top is one of the strongest signals that there has been executive failure at a company. Whether executives leave under “false pretenses,” or are sent to some distant outpost where they’ll have no further influence at headquarters, a pattern of executive departures speaks volumes for what is going on at a company.

a revolving door…people are hired and fired regularly…thye come in and go out just like in a revolving door…revolving ddors are used in countries where the climate outside is a different temoerature than inside .They are like a turnstile. Do they have them in Spain?

Yes Steve. We have revolving doors (in some good hotels) and turnstile in the subway.

Off topic: I don’t know whether executives in that company have trouble with a ‘revolving door syndrome’, but my favourite real revolving doors are at Selfridges in London.

Well I think that it’s a typical scenario where Spanish people refer to it as “British humour”. … :-p

Of course, we’ve got revolving doors here in Spain and many of them are not automatic doors, you have to push them to go into. Perhaps the lack of a motor could be a consequence of our economic crisis… (“Spanish humour”) :-p

No time for a gentle rain
No time for my watch and chain
No time for revolving doors . . .

(WARNING! Trippy intro. Also, a typical early 1970s mix: drums panned hard left.)

Steve and other Canucks will get it.