A referendum: Old forum (Linear) vs. New forum (TreeView)

Mark votes “New” in other words.

Old without any trace of doubt.

old

Old

Old

Old

Bringing the thread up to the list:

After updating the first post of this thread, it was no longer in the list of the most recent posts. This seems to be a bug. Instead of using the date of the youngest post, the date of the last change on the thread is used.

I’ve to post this now after an update, that the thread stays in the list :slight_smile:

old

Yes, that’s another ‘strange thing’ now in the forum - some of the started threads can disappaer without traces. For example, the interesting and useful topic about the writing texts and the correction of writing texts suddenly disappeared although there are in the forum some threads without any postings for a long time (which can be seen on the right).

Yes, this is definitely a bug that should be resolved.

Old

New

Thanks, we’ll add it to our list.

New

old

Old

New. optimistic that with time it will work better

new; for the same reason

In addition to make clear the difference: What you cannot do in the ‘new’ version is to read a thread, leave it for two days after maybe 20 posts, come back after these two days and simply scroll to the 21st post and start reading and get all the new posts. New posts could have been added to the 5th, the 7th, the 12th ect. post. You have to read from the beginning to find ALL the NEW posts now (if you have not subscribed to the thread for email notifications). I’m not sure if everybody has realized this. (I know from other forums how it works). I think the ‘new’ version looks quite nice, but I think technically it doesn’t work for heavy readers like me who wants to read everything on the interesting threads.

I’ve added this as a note now to the first post. I’ll delete this post later. I just want to let those with the email notification know about this change.

Old