A dog is a dog is a dog

Carissimo Prinz,
I did not know what “is wearing thin” meant, so I looked up in a dictionary and I found out that, “When a joke or a story is wearing thin, it is beginning to lose its interest because it has been repeated too many times. EG, The joke had begun to wear very thin”.
Moreover, “When your patience or your temper is wearing thin, you are beginning to become impatient or angry. EG, Her patience will probably have worn thin by the end of the day.
Thank to you, I have learnt what to be wearing thin means.
I must confess that I stayed with my mouth wide open for a while when I got what you meant with your harsh statement. “Cazzo!” I exclaimed “what answer shall I give to such a serious matter?”. I pondered about some possible answers, but I didn’t like them. I needed to study. So I went to my studio and took out two books from my bookcases. John Milton’s Areopagitica and John Stuart Mill’s On Liberty are now on my reading desk. As soon as I succeed in writing a sweet answer to your frightening sentence, I’ll post it. Ciao,Ta ta.

9 of 23

• Pippo, wait, wait, don’t go away!
  • Bow wow, bow bye bye!
  • My dearest most beloved dog, come here to me.
  • Bow ciao, bow ciao at last!
  • Hey, Pippo!.. Stop Pippo, Pippo stop! don’t run away!!!
  • Bow wow, bow bye, bow ciao, bow adieu!!!
  • Pippo, Pippo, Pippo, what shall I do without you?

(Pippo is the seventh dog who has escaped from Mr. Antonio Rossi so far).

10 of 23

Early this morning, hurrying towards my school for an important meeting, I put my right foot on a solid waste substance freshly laid by a dog.
I could not help addressing three taboo words and some unpolite sentences to the unknown owner of the dog.

11 of 23

At the Park

• Mummy, why is our Puffy putting his nose near that dog’s ass?
  • I don’t know, my dear love.
  • You don’t know!?
  • I don’t know!

At Home

• Mummy, shouldn’t we wash Puffy’s muzzle?
  • Why, my dear?
  • I won’t kiss his muzzle any more!
  • Why not? What’s wrong with you, today?

12 of 23

• I was horrified! Never seen things like that!
  • What happened?
  • Five stray dogs surrounded my dear Fluffy and they did not go away until a lady threw some cold water on them.
  • Is your dog in heat?
  • Yes, I think so. The lady said Fluffy must be in heat.
  • From now on, you should pay attention when you take your dog out for a stroll.
  • But what shall I do to avoid such indecent situation?
  • Well, your Fluffy needs to be spayed. Many people do it to their dogs.
  • I will do it as soon as possible. Never seen things like that!

13 of 23

• What have you done?
  • Nothing!
  • Nothing?
  • I’ve just given a sausage to Leo.
  • Why have you done so? I told you not to give food to my dog.
  • Is he ill?
  • No, but Sicilian sausages are too fatty and salty and spicy for my Leo.
    I do not want to go to the vet once a week.
  • Sorry, very sorry!

14 of 23

Knock, knock, knock.

• Who’s there?

• The dog psycologist.

15 of 23

I wonder how many rabbits, lambs, chickens, cows are cut in small pieces to feed our most lovely, prettiest and most beloved dogs every day.

Can you guess how many animals are sacrificed every day on the altar of our new God, the Dog?

16 of 23

It’s very sad to see so many people walking with their dogs in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, at night, under the sun, with rain, snow or wind. Slaves of their dogs.
I had not thought Dog had undone so many!

17 of 23

A lot of people sleep with their dogs. I wonder if the dog owners clean the muzzles, the paws, the genitals and the assholes of their lovely dogs.

18 of 23

A neighbour of mine was single and very unhappy. She looked for a man but she couldn’t find one. At last she found a divorced man and started a new life with him. I thought she would be happy with a man in her house but she was not. She wanted a baby and the baby did not come. She bought a dog and now the dear dog is barking with a musical voice on her balcony every day, every hour, every minute.

Little wonder if she never bathes his muzzles, paws, (…and so on)

My name is Liccia
I live on the second floor
I live upstairs from you
Yes I think you’ve seen me before

If you hear something late at night
Some kind of trouble. some kind of fight
Just don’t ask me what it was

I think it’s because I’m clumsy
I try not to talk too loud
Maybe it’s because I’m crazy
I try not to act too proud

They only hit until you cry
After that you don’t ask why
You just don’t argue anymore

“Ass” and “asshole” are words that I never use, though I hear them aplenty from those around me. I use other words that are considered less offensive somehow, despite meaning exactly the same thing.

Because English has been influenced by so many different languages over time we have many words that mean the same thing but with different connotations, shades of meaning, and appropriate uses.

I have read that in Anglo-Saxon Britain the word “shit” was acceptable when it was necessary to discuss that function in polite society. Then along came the Norman French who installed themselves as the upper crust, and who considered that fine old English word to be quite vulgar as it belonged to the lower class of natives. Merde!

19 of 23

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed
by “dogness”, happy very happy,
dragging their dogs through the cesso streets at dawn,
looking for a nice spot!

*cesso = loo

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by dogging in the “cesso streets” at dawn :slight_smile:

(But not really though…)

lingq could clean up the forums with a quick ip address check and auto delete

but, no

I have never been able to understand what this thread is actually about.

Dogs? Things pertaining thereunto?

Probably not about dogging though…(alas??)

Yeah, a weird thread.