Hi, In the first mini story, there is the sentence

손님들은 다양한 나라에서 와사요

(I think on the third page)

Should the last word be spelled 와서요 ?

best,
Bo

1 Like

Hi there,
That’s a typo and clearly should be 왔어요, past tense. I’d fix that for you but am still waiting for my editing powers from the LingQ gods :wink:

(If you were not ending the verb in past tense, but instead making a causative connection in a sentence, like "The customers come from various countries, so…", you could indeed say “와서…” but then you’d need to continue the sentence, not end it, and that’s clearly not the case here in the mini story.)

1 Like

Hi, just to update you, I’m in the middle of trying to fix some of these small errors in the Ministories and elsewhere. If you see more (I remember sometimes the main character’s name is not a Korean name, but the original Western name from the English version) please let me know.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that the ministories 21 & 22 have English names. (Jerry & Emma) I wondered if those were a case of those names being used in Korea as well-- so I don’t know if it’s actually an issue or not.

Edit: Glancing at ministories from 21 and on, it seems like most of them have English names instead of Korean names. Specifically there is one where the person’s name is “칼은” which confused me for a moment until I realized that it’s probably supposed to mean “Karen”. Are these the stories that have yet to be corrected? If so, I might take a break from the mini stories in favor of other content so that I can read the updated versions later.

Hi there - I didn’t check every ministory, but thanks for letting me know. I’ll try to find some time to fix the names from 21 and on later today!

Hi there,

I checked ministory #21; the name of the main character is Jerry, but this is the same in the Korean language audio, so it’s supposed to be that way. On the other hand, I found a handful of other errors in the Korean text or translation, and now those are fixed.

Will look at #22 later; let me know if you find other spots in later mini stories where the text doesn’t match the audio please!

One more update: in #22 the main character’s name in the audio is also Emma, so no problem there. On the other hand, the translations had some problems (as well as the English title of the ministory which was just wrong). Those are now fixed.

Thank you for your replies and for checking in on those things! I’ve slowed down on the mini-stories because there is a lot of other good content at my level now, but I’m still going through them. ^^

1 Like