‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’

‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’: How Trump spreads conspiracies and innuendoes http://wapo.st/1XTiBhn?tid=ss_tw

“Trump frequently couches his most controversial comments this way, which allows him to share a controversial idea, piece of tabloid gossip or conspiracy theory without technically embracing it. If the comment turns out to be popular, Trump will often drop the distancing qualifier — “people think” or “some say.” If the opposite happens, Trump can claim that he never said the thing he is accused of saying, equating it to retweeting someone else’s thoughts on Twitter.”

A lot of people are saying that Donald Trump is …
I think I am too “honest” to use this tactics when I say something even about the violently stupid conspiracy-theory lover.

A politician who is purposefully deceptive? No. I don’t believe it. Good job you’ve outed him and now we can all get behind the other guy who is definitely more honest and trustworthy. rollseyes

From what I understand the other “guy” (girl?) used to be a pretty big buddy of Donald Trump?

Trump used to donate money to H. Clinton’s senatorial campaigns in NY, and he has given money to the Clinton foundation, right?

And isn’t it true that the Clintons were honoured guests at his last wedding?

So they are real cut-throat sworn enemies…not.

They’re ALL liars who have the same networks of contacts and who all work for big business and banks. Politics summed up in less than 20 words.

No matter how you may hate all politicians, they know that your life course is influenced not only by your choices but also by their political decisions. Sometimes you have to support less “wicked”, less dangerous ones. We are all “liars”. All the men and women are merely players. I suspect that people who completely reject “politics” are, in reality, yearning for their leader with charisma or “almighty” dictator.

And there you finally have your strawman! I never said i hated them.

People who completely reject politics can see that it’s all a mirage. They are all owned by big business and the banks. This is an indisputable fact. To take a side in a game in which the players are all having their strings pulled by the same source is incredibly stupid if you’re aware they’re having their strings pulled.

The banks run the countries, not the politicians. Again, indisputable fact. I’ll reiterate from a previous thread - if you think this is false ask yourself how a country can be in debt to a company.

“I never said i hated them.”

You wrote that politicians are all “liars”. I am not a native speaker of English, but I can imagine that the word “liar” in English has a very strong negative connotation. I, therefore, could not notice the fact that you never hated them. I wonder if you have an “ambivalent” feeling towards what you may call “politicians as a whole”.

Nope sorry, you just created and attacked a strawman.

“So they are real cut-throat sworn enemies…not.”
You might be right. Generally speaking, you tend to treat your enimy’s enimy as your ally in politics.

“Lest we forget, the CIA gave birth to Osama Bin Laden and breastfed his organization during the 1980′s. Former British Foreign Secretary, Robin Cook, told the House of Commons that Al Qaeda was unquestionably a product of Western intelligence agencies. Mr. Cook explained that Al Qaeda, which literally means an abbreviation of “the database” in Arabic, was originally the computer database of the thousands of Islamist extremists, who were trained by the CIA and funded by the Saudis, in order to defeat the Russians in Afghanistan.”

Yutaka,
I thought you might be interested in Bernie Sanders’s latest speech, which was given as an online live stream address:

Since it’s an indisputable fact that all politicians are all liars who all work for big business and banks, I’ll be interested if you can spot all of the lies in Sanders’s roughly 25 minute speech.

I’ll also be interested if you can uncover all of the big business and bank donors who have contributed to his campaign, which, based on online sources, has, as of May 13, 2016, raised roughly 200 million dollars from roughly 2.4 million people.

1 Like

“Since it’s an indisputable fact that all politicians are all liars who all work for big business and banks”
This is an exaggregated statement. If all politicians were “completely” unreliable, what would you do in order to make big businesses and banks behave more “ethically”?

I hope you know I was being facetious. Sanders is among the most honest politicians out there. People who make absolute statements should not be taken seriously.

1 Like

“People who make absolute statements should not be taken seriously.”
I agree.

“Some politicians are liars.”
This statement can be easily testified.

“All politicians are liars.”
It is hard to test this statement. This statement is “indisputable” because it is hard to test and refute. Does the expression “all” refers to all politicians all over the world? Or, only all incumbent senators in the U.S.? Do you use a lie detector?

Sanders made a great speech. It was a very inspiring one.
Bernie Sanders - National Live Stream Address

Why would i bother? If you think anyone but the banks and the businesses run the country then you’re an ignorant fool.

Why would i waste my time trying to convince you of what is very obvious when it’s clear you don’t want to see it?

Yeh, i’m sure that guy you mentioned is really very honest. If he ever got into power he would definitely be able to do whatever he liked. There is the very small problem of the government being in debt to the bank which means they will do whatever the people who run the bank tell them to.

Here’s a clue though - no matter who is in power, the economy will not change. The bank controls the rates which controls the economy. They will not create jobs or better schools or change border policy or any of that nonsense because it all depends on the economy which is controlled by the bank and their rates.

I’d suggest you also go and look up what ‘lobbying’ is. In a nutshell, businesses give politicians money for favourable decisions once in power. EVERY politician is lobbied.

You clearly understand not money, how it is created and distributed, how interest works or how governments and people can be in debt (ie, at the beck and call of) a bank which is a private company with shareholders.

The naivety of people who closely follow politics absolutely staggers me. But i guess there’s one born every minute.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

1 Like

“If you think anyone but the banks and the businesses run the country then you’re an ignorant fool.”

Maybe this is a liiiiiiiitle bit of an exaggeration. Also, you won’t convince anybody by calling them names. You just lose their respect.

2 Likes

In the case of the U.S., the major foreign holders of security bonds include China and Japan. As long as the U.S. government can pay the interests, bond holders in foreign countries as well as those in the U.S. are content. They are not likely to commit themselves to politics in the U.S. Generally speaking, lenders are not always more demanding and violent than borrowers.

Don’t forget: Darth Platyphylla is rumoured to have a greater mastery of the dark side than Maul.

(I wouldn’t mess with him, if I were you!)