"your flashcards will be removed after testing correctly twice in a row"

This is a small issue that may have been already mentioned.

I have noticed that the message “your flashcards will be removed after testing correctly twice in a row” seems to be correct only if you are correct the first time and then the second time. If at any time you screw up, it requires you to test correctly three times after that. In essence, the flashcards are removed if you move them up a level, not if you test correctly twice in a row.

As I said it is not a big issue, just thought I’d mention it.

Another thing is that you should warn the user when he started to review the third time. Then all LingQs are shown that the user didn’t know twice. When the user continues until no more LingQs appear the status of ALL LingQs increases. I needed weeks to figure out that I have to stop with reviewing LingQs after the first two trys.

Well I think the weakest part of the website is also the least important part of the website. A lot can be done to make the flash card portion of the site more usable and customizable. But it is really the least important site, if there was some way to have my lingqs find there way automatically into Anki that would be nice too, but I think at least vera and edward would agree that it is a small problem (in fact Ed mentions it in his post :)…

While I agree listening and reading should take up at least 80 percent of your time, I think the flashcards are fairly important up to about the advanced 1 level. Anki is good, too, but only as an adjunct to LingQ, since LingQ integrates the cards with the texts.

I check my vocabulary on the vocabulary list, not with the flashcard function. From time to time I go over the list and change the status manually, because it is sometimes a guesswork what LingQ is doing. I also would prefer to work with Anki, but of this isn’t a Windows mobile version for my PDA available. For me it is comfortable to check my vocabulary everywhere, waiting in a queue, waiting for the kids … or sitting in the train. I don’t like always to sit in front of the computer. At the moment I use for that the good old Stackz on my PDA, copying the print version of the vocabulary list into it. An export function for this in LingQ would be nice. I am sure, for the next time there will be more demand for applications on mobile devices. Look at Helens new gadget! Nevertheless, I don’t want miss all the other helpful functions in LingQ.

I would generally use my “waiting for the bus” time for listening. I spend about 20 minutes a day on flashcards and about 2 hours a day on listening.

So different is learning and time management. :slight_smile: While moving, like driving the car, doing sports or chores I listen to audio. The other time I use for reading and learning. This is the big advantage of LingQ, everybody can find his own way for learning languages, flexible and efficient.

I hear Steve uses his golfing-with-his-wife time to listen to Portuguese, with predictable results :slight_smile: