X hotkey (Ignore) doesn't always work

Not a serious problem, but using the X key to ignore a word doesn’t always work. It works if there is something in the “popular meaning” box, but it doesn’t work if the box is blank. I’m pretty sure it worked a few weeks ago.

Also, it used to advance to the next blue-highlighted word. For example if the proper name John Doe occurs, hitting X would cause John to be ignored, then it would advance to Doe where you could hit X again. Now it doesn’t advance and doesn’t even work if there is nothing in the popular meaning box.

Minor inconvenience. When it happens I just mouse click the Ignore icon.

3 Likes

Hi Guys
Ditto … yes, noticed same with both issues experienced here for a while now (X not working, and advance to next word), so although I agree not a huge problem in itself, but would certainly be appreciated if convenient solution could be found to these.
Thank you, FrankG

2 Likes

im having the same problem, not the end of the world but slows down the flow of reading

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting, we will look into the issue.

3 Likes

I have the same issue, in both chrome and firefox. Same with k (known).

I also noticed this is a more recent bug, earlier this was working fine.

1 Like

Same issue - the shortcut doesn’t work when there are no suggested translations, and both the known and ignore shortcuts don’t automatically advance to the next word anymore either.