WUestion about copyrights

i found podcasts with transcripts that are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License ( Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States — CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 US )
What do you think: is it safe to share these podcasts on LingQ?

Shortened URL: Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States — CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 US

Absolutely, those should be fine. Their content will be freely available on LingQ and as long as you give proper attribution in the Provider field and/or description field, everything should be good.

No, noncommercial cannot be used!! LingQ is considered as commercial even if the content is free!
Ask the provider for permission.

Mark, I wonder about your answer. We discussed this topic earlier on the forum, and Steve and you explained that it could not be used. If you read the license you’ll see it.

By the way, often people forget to put the correct license in the lesson description if the content is under a license. But every license include that you have to mention the license if you use the content!

Sorry, Vera. Vera is our resident copyright expert. If she says you should contact the provider, you should do so. I thought the Creative Commons non-commercial was fine but better safe than sorry. :slight_smile: