World Cup

I’m amazed at how Germany always do well in the tournaments.

A very pleasant World Cup so far, lots of goals, good matches, and France has won its first match! Hadn’t occurred since 1998!

4-0 for Germany…what a match :slight_smile:

@Paule

4 goals - congratulations.

Normally it’s only that emphatic when there are phantom goals…hm…eh? :smiley:

I know the English are still hung up on that Lampard shot from the last World Cup which they say went in, but here is photographic proof that it didn’t.

http://goo.gl/4xbyx1

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I was reminded of Count Sproey von Weytzentrenner’s comment on an earlier world cup

Ze victory off Cherrmeny iz in-eviddbl! :stuck_out_tongue:

@Colin

Hmm, now let’s see, when was the last time that Scotland made it to the World Cup finals…?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m an American. I have all the papers to prove it, and they are mostly legit!

I’m spiritually American - I’m just one who still has a sentimental attachment to King George, so to speak. (Or maybe that’s a contradiction in terms? :-o)

BTW
I would kind of love it if Klinsmann’s boys shock Deutschland :slight_smile:

@Jay

That would make you Canadian.

@ Davidjvl

No need for insults!

@Prinz: No way on earth. Our midfield and possession is atrocious! We squeaked by Ghana, but I don’t think the European and South American teams will be so forgiving to such poor touches.

Not sure why Canada is getting insulted in this discussion…although I guess if we’re rated 432nd in the world, we deserve it…! :slight_smile:

Hopefully, you will all suit up your avatars in the new World Cup colours! http://lingqcentral-en.lingq.com/show-world-cup-colours-avatar

Germany-Portugal 4-0 ??? Way to go Germany !! But too bad that Nigeria hasn’t defeated Iran( not to mention that what they played in the second half can barely be called football ).

I hope Algeria will beat Belgium to a pulp today.

Congrats to Chili! Kicking out Spain is quite impressive…

“I hope Algeria will beat Belgium to a pulp today.”

Well, sometimes hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

The team that impressed me most has disappeared - Team of West Germany really looked great running around in their black shirts and was efficient, too; the present German team looks like a group of kids.

And here I was ready to give a rose to your comment but you had to add that hope thing.
Anyways one of my wishes regarding this world cup has come true ( vaya con Dios España ! ). Also it’s a shame that Korea hasn’t won against Russia .

Sorry to say this Jay but I don’t think that England will win today.

Why, before the match, do they force us to watch each player folding their arms?

That buck-toothed b*stard does it again! :-0

(A quality striker, though, in all fairness.)

Don’t be angry Jay , Uruguay deserved to win.

Wow, Uruguay’s best goalkeeper from 2010 has suddenly become their best striker. Anyway, England still have a decent chance.