Words only partially highlighted in blue

I’ve been going through Serge’s wonderful “l’histoire de France” series. In the last few days, I’ve noticed that in some lessons, a few words are only partially highlighted in blue, rather than the whole word. In effect, the system thinks that a single word is made up of two separate words.

For example, in the lesson “L’épopée industrielle – Révolution en 1848, guerre en 1870”, the following words are only partially highlighted:

Line 2: boulevard
Line 3: drapeau

In print mode, these words are displayed properly, i.e. no space or hyphen between the highlighted and non-highlighted part of the word.

There are a few more words like this in the lesson. I don’t know whether the problem is peculiar to these lessons or a more general system error.

Hi, we have made some changes to the highlighting so that words with apostrophes are now entirely highlighted. Has this affected the issue you mention here?

Mark,

I don’t know if the highlight problem has anything to do with apostrophes:

• The apostrophe problems seem to be gone.

• The partial highlight problem is a recent one, and so can possibly be related to the apostrophe fix.

• OTOH, those two words I mentioned above (boulevard & drapeau) aren’t surrounded by apostrophed words.

So the problem might have something to do with the recent fix but I am not sure if this is indeed the case.

What is strange is that boulevard is highlighted properly for me while I do have the problem with drapeau. At any rate, I have passed that information on to our team who will look into it shortly.