Will this work?

Dear Santa,

It’s been a few years since I last wrote you a letter. I have been a very good girl, although some might say it is only because of lack of opportunities for misbehaviour.

Could you please check that you have a stackful of motivation and a bucketful of fluency with my name on them somewhere among your presents? [They may be on the same shelf as those for other would be language learners]. Perseverance and a certain amount of discipline wouldn’t be bad either. If so, would it be possible to make a detour to my house this year?

Although you have never ever delivered me any of the the things on my wish list (I was very disappointed when you didn’t bring me my own tame lion at the time I wanted to run away to the circus), I don’t hold it against you.

I look forward to your coming down the chimney. Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Me

Also, could you please deliver me less laziness this time round please? I received an awful lot last year and in consequence never had much time to do anything else because I was too busy using up all that laziness.

Yours Sincerely,
James (Gizmo2012)

Have you been a good boy? In which case Father Christmas might well combine our requests…