Why do so mony lessons have no translation text?

I don’t know who I am writing to here, other than to vent, but I am looking for likely lessons and it is aggravating me that I keep opening up what look like promising ones, and there is no translation text. Certainly when one is just getting to know the language, it is really useful to have that, and although I’m certainly fine with the idea of having to work it out on my own, it’s better to be able to refer to a trustworthy translation. Otherwise I come up with something that looks like google translated it…!!!

Really some of the lessons I’m most interested in working with I keep having to pass on for this reason.

Well The library is USER uploaded. The reason why alot of lessons probably don’t have translations is because the provider didn’t include one because

a) perhaps takes to much time and the provider doesn’t want to take the time to do it…
b) the person who uploaded the content might be studying the very same language and Is not good enough to provide a translation + reason a
c) on top of a and b theres no extra incentives for people to provide translations or any bonus to lessons ie: just because you provide notes and translations to a lesson doesnt give the provider more Points…
d) Provinding a translation is Optional =).
e) Also you’re assuming the website is Geared towards English speaking people… Perhaps think about all the Lithuanians , French , chinese , japanese people who might also want translations But in their own language… It would be a bit selfish to enforce english translations on all lessons when theres many other nationalities learning the same language you are…

I’m Sure there are more reasons… those are just my assumptions…

I understand your frustrations though However , If i were you I wouldn’t really on translations as a crutch and or reason to take or not to take a lesson. I agree it would be nice to have them there for every lesson but they aren’t needed! EVEN as a Beginner… IF you have any questions about specific words or sentences you cannot find in a dictionary or figure out , Just ask in the forums and I’m sure a native speaker will help you…

You do not need translations. Learn to accept uncertainty, fuzziness. You do not need to understand the lesson, certainly not all of the lesson. You just need to have a rough, maybe erroneous impression of the meaning. There should be some communication.

Mostly, you just need exposure, and you need to look up the words and review them from time to time. Let the brain start to become aware of the patterns of the new language. This takes time.And when you go back to the lessons in a few months they will be clearer. That is the process.

Yeah, being able to accept ambiguity is so important. If anything, I find it makes you more attentive and trains you to deduce meaning from context without having a translation as a crutch. Besides, you can always ask someone what this or that means.