Why can't we get more people to host discussions?

against German or against Germans? :slight_smile:

Against the German language.

I often follow a special forum written in German. It is administrated by a German who once helped me (in English) immensely. I mostly read it with the Google Translate, which translates into English nearly perfect for my special needs. And all the Germans on that form are so helpful and friendly, though I ask them in English only.

I’m interested in being a tutor and hosting discussions, though I agree with Ilya’s statement about the barriers that somewhat intimidate potential tutors. Simply put, I have no clue where to start.

Thanks to Vera and other German tutors there is a lot of great contents in German. I think LingQ is now a very good place to learn German and you can always count on the support on forum.

@Kamui:

I suggest you start as a student of Japanese or Spanish with Emma or one of the veteran LingQ tutors. You can discuss in Japanese or Spanish how to tutor in English!

I get a lot of the non-native English speakers asking me questions about tutoring in our English discussions, but I’ve rarely spoken to other English speaking tutors, unless we sign up for a group conversation in Russian or French or German!

@Kamui,

That’s a great suggestion by Helen. Once you have attended a few sessions with a tutor, and submitted some writing, you will best understand what is required.

@Ilya: I did a lot of work before the thread was hijacked (can I say this in English?), and so I thougt I should try to bring this thread back to his subject.
@Ilya and Rasana: It would be great if you start learning German. I think if someone can master Russian he is able to master German too :slight_smile:
@Jürgen: Thank you. Yes I think you will hardly find another place where you find so much content for learning German. I like to help people, and I like to create content and to find interesting content on the internet.

If learners of German want to start tutoring in their own language I would appreciate to help them. Sign up for a conversation with me, and we could discuss this issue.

Ilya and Rasana, I can assure you that the resources for starting German at LingQ are outstanding. Go for it.

Thank you Vera, and thank you Steve. As LingQ used to say, it is high on our priority list :slight_smile: