Who can record the audio for my writing?

I recently had a Portuguese writing corrected. Then, I imported it into the library, but its status remains “private” because I don’t have the audio file for it. How does it usually work to have a written text read and recorded by a native speaker in order to share it in the library?
I have read about Rhinospike in other forum threads: should I sign up there and upload my text there?

Good idea. Try Rhinospike. There is no built in mechanism on LingQ. Some tutors may provide this service as an extra but most will not.

Well, my writing was recorded and I have managed to upload it and to share my writing as a lesson. I hope I have done everything correctly…

Looks good mikebond. We do not need do ask for permission to use anything from Rhinospike. I can’t find the comment from Vera on this point, but we have an understanding with Rhinospike, anything on that site is available for our library.

Ok, Steve, thanks for the information. May I also transcribe our conversation and upload it as a lesson, as I’ve seen other people have done?

Absolutely!

Thanks, Steve. I have some questions about the transcription:

1. should I split the conversation into two parts of approx. 15 mins each?
  2. should I transcribe everything, including your mistakes and English words here and there? Should I add the corrected forms of your mistakes (I’ve seen this done in a Portuguese conversation)?

15 minutes each is a good idea.
I would put the corrected words in brackets in my text.

I wonder, thought, since I do a lot of talking, whether this is such a good text for learners. I wonder if people like listening to learners struggle in the language.

Maybe we should have a category of recorded learners’ discussions where we break our rule of native speakers only.

What do others think?

Well, your idea seems good to me. I had thought of transcribing the conversation because I saw it done by other members, but it’s true that listening to a learner of the language isn’t so useful as listening to a native speaker (in many cases, at least).

It might not be as useful as native-speaker content, but I think it would still be interesting to hear/read your conversation. Particularly if it’s in Italian, since the material in that library isn’t as plentiful as in some of the others.

I agree with you, Kelsey. By the way, I’d be glad to have a conversation in Italian with you too. That would make one more Italian lesson in the library! Just tell me if my conversation times are not good for you and we can find a solution.

Hi all. I’m also willing to be a part of an Italian conversation and record it to have it uploaded as a lesson. In case anyone might be interested. Also in Spanish, why not?

I might as well throw my name into the pot for conversations in Italian!