Where is LingQ going?

Yes, some may upgrade to get discounted points but they still buy points in the end. My only point is that the majority of our revenue and therefore our focus is on our reading and vocabulary tools.

@mark

“My only point is that the majority of our revenue … is on our reading and vocabulary tools.”

Since the membership is bought as a package, there is no knowing which service is indispensable to the learner and more profitable to LingQ.
For my part, the LingQ forums are the most important part of your services.

“Can I Edit Or Delete My Comments On Notebook, Answers And Discussions After Posting?
Currently, it is not possible to edit or remove your comments after posting. We are working on a number of improvements to these sections and this is one of the scheduled improvements.”

This is an excerpt from the help section of italki. The forum system at LingQ is more advanced. You can edit or delete your comments on other member’s post. I appreciate the efforts that have been made by the programmers at LingQ.

Yep, it keeps track and doesn’t highlight. For some language combinations, there are multilanguage dictionaries, but they tend to only do the more standard words. I very often get no results when looking for a word in my German->English dictionary. LingQ in this respect is much better. Also, the vocabulary learning system is very basic. You basically get a list of words you have looked up and you can review them with flashcards.