Where are you from?

Tell us where are you from and describe you country, you culture and others interesting aspects related with you country. :sunglasses: … Diga de onde eres y habla acerca de tú país natal.

Hello everyone:). My name is Sigita and I’m from Lithuania. Don’t know where it is? Lithuania is in Eastern Europe by the Baltic sea. I want to tell something about my country.So, our flag consist of yellow, green and red colours. Lithuanian language is rather difficult and the biggest part of us are catholics. But that isn’t very interesting, is it? Better I tell about why I really love this country. First, Lithuania has nice nature, I mean there are many forests, parks, fields, lakes, rivers and other, where you can just be in nature. Second, our women are very nice:) and we are friendly and creative people. Third, our food is tasty and we have old customs of all culture. Forth, we have good basketball players,discus throwers and others. Fifth… and sixth…and seventh…and tenth… till you fall in sleep. :slight_smile: So, come here and see it yourself!

Hello everyone:). My name is Sigita and I’m from Lithuania. Don’t know where it is? Lithuania is in Eastern Europe by the Baltic sea. I want to tell something about my country.So, our flag consist of yellow, green and red colours. Lithuanian language is rather difficult and the biggest part of us are catholics. But that isn’t very interesting, is it? Better I tell about why I really love this country. First, Lithuania has nice nature, I mean there are many forests, parks, fields, lakes, rivers and other, where you can just be in nature. Second, our women are very nice:) and we are friendly and creative people. Third, our food is tasty and we have old customs of all culture. Forth, we have good basketball players,discus throwers and others. Fifth… and sixth…and seventh…and tenth… till you fall in sleep. :slight_smile: So, come here and see it yourself!

Hello all! :slight_smile:

My name is Sam and I reside in California, USA. I have been in the US for 20 years now. My cultural backgrouns is South East Asian. I have lived most of these 20 years in Northern California and I love it over here…It is a bit of an expensive place to live in but the weather is such that it is all worth it. Ofcourse, if you love shakers, then there is no such place to live in the US, such as this state, as every county is sitting on a fault. :slight_smile:

Culturally, this state is very diverse and you will a variety of people from their own unique cultural background living here. Name of the county where I live is Alameda. It is in the eastern part of San Francisco Bay area.
Weather here is great (see it so good that I have to repeat it over and over…:)) with winters being very mild. However, you can travel a few hours to get to ski country and participate in all kinds of winter sports. Also, a variety of food choices are available and they are fair to finger licking good…I am into sports of all kinds and most if not all can be played outdors, all year long. I guess I have covered all…but in case you guys have any questions, feel free to ping me…

Adios!
Sam

Hi my name is Paavo im from Northen Sweden and i love langauges!

my skype is paavo1989 :slight_smile:

I’m from Belgium, Flanders. I live in Antwerpen, close to the Dutch border. Not many people know Belgium. Or they don’t know that the majority speaks Dutch. However in our capital city everyone speaks French. It is surrounded by Dutch speaking communities. Officially Brussels is bilingual, but in reality it isn’t like that.

I think many know Belgium because is there where the european parlament is situated! What I didn’t know is that the majority language is Dutch. I’ve got a friend from Belgium whom told me that the people there speak at least two languages! is this true?

Yea. The European parliament is in Brussels. The European Commission too. It’s the heart of Europe, that’s right. The population in Belgium is approximately 10 million. 66% lives in Flanders and thus speaks Dutch. The rest lives in Wallonia and speaks French. Only in Brussels, which is in Flanders, 80% of the people speak French.
When I go to Brussels, I sometimes speak Dutch intentionally knowing very well that they won’t understand me, just to provoke a reaction.
It once happened to me that a girl from wallonia accosted me in English…
It is a minority who is bilingual, both in Flanders and Wallonia. Flemish people speak English very well, but they can’t really express themselves.
I think that is so because Dutch is cognate to English, TV is in English (Dutch subtitles), Internet, and so forth.

My name is Kristina, Im from Moscow. So... what can I tell about my country? Im sure, you know about it a lot of stuff from your TV )))
I love my culture, my language and the past of Russia, but I want to visit others countries. Especially, I need to see Germany. I`m like a fan of this country _

Thats all, because I get that people dont like to read a lot. =)

Hi, my name is shimaa

I’m from Egypt, i think all people know it where it is famous with the pyramids

I know that all people in Egypt live in pyramids and ride on camels. Here in Canada we live in igloos and travel everywhere by dog sled. Welcome to LingQ. I hope you enjoy your studies.

Finally Steve admits it. We have been waiting for the truth for a long time. I am a cowgirl myself. I live in McDonald’s and am wonderfully monolingual.

…and I’m from Sweden (where the polar bears roam); more specifically in the southern part of the Baltic Sea, on an island between the Swedish mainland and Estonia.

Now that you know Steve’s true expertise (it’s ice, not lumber, apparently), maybe the two of you can make a big ice hotel where tourists can learn languages and observe polar bears.

Well I have kangaroos and koalas in my back yard, and just last week I had to fight off a crocodile while going for a swim!

How did you make time for a French lesson?

I am from Ukraine but mainly converse in Russian (I lived abroad for a long time and learnt Russian as my main language and then English). Not that I think russian is special or anything just that most ppl in ukraine converse in russian and ukrainian is more formal (for documents, tv, etc). I also used to speak fluent greek but now I can barely speek it but I’m trying to re-learn it and also I’m learning japanese.

Ukraine is a post soviet country and we are famous for our Chernobyl area. We are now in the midst of swine flu and the entire education system is on quarantine for 3 weeks which is splendid news for me. We had an “orange revolution” several years back which I took part in where the old corrupt pro russian leader was non-violently replaced by a new leader which also turned out to be corrupt and stuff- but at least the new one doesn’t do the old tricks like vote rigging and isn’t pro russian.

Hi ! I am from Poland. I don’t speak english well. I would like speak english with people from around the world. I hope you answer me.

Thanks and best regards

Hi, I’m Chilean. In Chile, we like to say words such as ‘huevon’ and add ‘po’ to the end of our sentences :slight_smile:

Don’t let that scare you! we’re nice people really.