WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE IN THE FOREIGN COUNTRY?

This is my first post .my name’s stephane I’m from Paris ,I’ve been study English for several month .

i decided to go in an english country in order to boost the process.

so now, i’ve been in toronto for 3 weeks. Altough i don’t know what to do .
I mean, i’m in toronto,great!!!

but i know nobody here. I don’t know what to do to meet native speakers. actually with my level of english , i can do basic stuff, but i can’t have a real deep conversation .

so my question is what would yo do if you were me ?

why don’t you try volunteering? You can probably meet lots of people:

http://www.volunteertoronto.ca/

Tu peux faire connaissance avec des gens qui parlent l’anglais et apprennent le français. Alors, tu peux les aider avec le français, et ils peuvent t’aider avec l’anglais

Tu peux faire connaissance avec des gens qui parlent l’anglais et apprennent le français. Alors, tu peux les aider avec le français, et ils peuvent t’aider avec l’anglais

If I were you, I would do what I really want to do. If I am not sure what I really want to do, I will write about what occurs to me. If I cannot come up with any idea, I will respond to the messages on the forums at LingQ.

If i were you, i would surround myself by the people. You don’t always have to converse in order to improve your target language (although it is necessary). Most of the work is done by listening. If I was in Paris or Bordeaux, France I would sit at a rickety café and order fresh cheese and bread and strike up some conversations or listen to my surroundings.

-Michael

I think that I want to minimize the chance of having a deep conversation with other people because it might signify that you are in deep trouble. I would be content with “shallow” conversations, if I were in a foreign country. I would visit museums, zoo, and the like.

Stephane,

Look up “meet up” groups on the web. One thing to do might be to join a Meet up for people who want to speak French. People will be delighted to meet you and practice their French but at least you will meet some people. Yo can take a course at Community Centre, they are usually free. Even hanging out at a Community Centre, swimming or playing basketball you can meet people. Volunteering is an excellent idea. You can google for volunteering. If you like hiking or cycling or whatever, you can search for groups like that. There are religious groups and humanist groups and all kinds of groups with common interests. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Go to a sports bar and watch the hockey games and cheer for the Vancouver Canucks. That way a lot of beautiful girls will want to get to know you.

If that’s all you have to do to find beautiful girls on Vancouver i might have to visit. xD