What is the difference between convinced and persuaded as (adj) in out talking?

persuade / convince

“The main meaning of persuade is to make someone agree to do something by giving them good reasons for doing it: I tried to persuade her to see a doctor. The main meaning of convince is to make someone believe that something is true: He convinced me he was right.
It is quite common, however, for each of these words to be used with both meanings, especially for convince to be used as a synonym for persuade: I persuaded/convinced her to see a doctor. Some speakers of BrE think that this is not correct.”
(OALD7)

I wouldn’t say that I am speaker of British English, but I can feel a slight difference with these words.

I consulted a dictionary because I am not adept in persuasion.

Always a good practice.

yutaka, beware of dictionary definitions. We call them Hints at LingQ for a reason. They are merely one or several lexicographers’ opinion about usage at a certain point in time. In fact usage patterns are hard to define and constantly changing.

There is a difference in these two words, yes. To me the difference is that convinced is more final, more definitive than persuaded. He persuaded me that it was not going to rain tomorrow, that black was white, that she was innocent. She convinced me to go to see a doctor. He persuaded me of an event. She convinced me undertake an action. Switch them around and there is no difference. From a practical point of view, even thought the nuance is a little different, they are interchangeable. You can choose to use either one in most situations.

Nobody has ever been persuaded that there is a God (although many have strong convictions).

Nobody has ever been convinced by Mel Gibson’s acting (although many people have been persuaded to watch his films).

“The Longman Corpus Network is a database of 390 million words of written and spoken British and American English from books, newspapers, conversations, …”(LDOCE)

It is this writer’s view that descriptions of usage in English dictionaries are very useful hints for both speaking and writing in that language. Besides, in the case of the new edition of LDOCE, it has thousands of corpus-based examples. When I am not convinced of the descriptions in my dictionaries, I post a question about them, and I usually get very convincing answers from the members of LingQ, which Steve founded.