What is happening to me?

In the first 3 months I began to learn English, I could see how much I was improving, I could read and understand the podcast that I did.
But it seems that now I’m not learning. seems I’m just passing my time, and I’m getting very discouraged.

what is happening to me?

your description is very vague, but make sure you have challenging content, practice speaking (very important), and enjoy- it’s a marathon :slight_smile:

Well, one thing I can say is at the beginning, learning ten words in your first day will seem quite pleasing (just using that as an example). The, in your first week, you learn 200 words. Progress seems rapid. When you get to 1000 words, that ten words you learnt first doesn’t look so good. You keep building up and when you get to 10,000 words, learning 15-20 a day, progress will seem slow. This is just a hypothetical example by the way.

You just have to stick with it. Patience is the key to learning. If you want to liven your learning up a little, how about you change your lifestyle a bit. Instead of watching Portuguese TV, watch English TV, or cook from English cookbooks, or even just watch movies in English. Another option would be to go for harder content in the library.

At some point it could be that harder content seems too hard and easier content too boring. I can see it is hard for inexperienced learners to manage. Even experienced learners need to now and then remind themselves of pass success and refocus. It takes a resourceful individual to get himself out of the rut and keep being motivated. Diligently searching for fitting material and creatively alternating learning activities to make things interesting may be the solution.

I absolutely agree with James123 and 3kingdoms! Here are two quotes that are in keeping with what is written above:

“Being an artist means not numbering and counting, but ripening like a tree, which doesn’t force its sap, and stands confidently in the storms of spring, not afraid that afterward summer may not come. It does come. But it comes only to those who are patient […] patience is everything!” --Rainer Maria Rilke

“The key to motivation is to look at how far I have come rather than how far I have to go.” --Hugh Prather

sometimes it happens that the brain has no more free space for new vocab so people can’t continue learning…

• actually no that doesn’t happen keep learning :slight_smile: