What does the green bar on lessons and courses indicate? Is this a bug?

I see a green bar on lesson and course cards, but I’m not sure what it means. I thought it was the percentage of known words or completed lessons (if a course), but it appears “complete” for lessons which still have unknown words, or courses which I’ve yet to go through all lessons for. Is this a bug?

See these examples:

1 Like

It’s a terminated lesson indicator. For a lesson it will indicate if it has been terminated or not. For a course, it will indicate relative amount of lessons terminated.

1 Like

What do you mean by “terminated”? Terminating something generally has a negative connotation, as in I somehow cancelled the courses or lessons or quit out of them early before completing / finishing them, which I did not do.

I have not completed all lessons (as is evident from the new words remaining in the screenshots), so this feels like a bug.

1 Like

Yes, that shows lesson completion progress. We’ll check if there’s any bug with it. Thanks for reporting.

2 Likes

And like so many LingQ features it doesn’t work as a user would normally expect.

One might expect it to be a standard progress bar, a GUI feature which has been around since the 70s and all APIs support with simple calls.

From what I can tell, the LingQ lesson progress bar gets stuck at ~10% for most of the lesson. One might think if one were halfway through a lesson the green bar would be 50%, but that’s not the case, at least not on the Brave web browser.

Maybe it’s a bug. Maybe it’s intentional.

2 Likes

This makes me immediately think of the principle of least astonishment. I’m fairly certain the progress bar is buggy and hopefully it’ll be fixed :pray:

2 Likes

There’s definitely a bug with the progress bar. I have just completed a lesson and the progress bar remained white until I clicked the check mark at the end. It had been fixed a while ago, but it seems the bug has returned.

2 Likes