Upgrading

ok, i’ve reached my lingq limit :frowning:

I don’t want to upgrade.

How do I delete known Lingqs (those one’s that are the palest yellow), while still keeping them as known words?

Hi there,

We don’t recommend deleting LingQs, since it’s actually quite common to forget words you know. Having these LingQs still appear in your text is good review, and you also continue to benefit from the time you spent creating those LingQs. As you’ve noticed, deleting LingQs also causes them to be removed from your Known Words total. You can manually highlight them again in the text and mark them as Known, but by removing the LingQ, we assume that you don’t want the word anymore.

I notice that you are new to the site and seem to be enjoying it, so I encourage you to consider upgrading just to check things out. It’s only $10 a month and you can downgrade at any time, so if you don’t like it then not much is lost. However, upgrading will give you access to some great features that we have on the site and should help you to learn your languages even more effectively.

Definitely enjoying this site.

$10 isn’t that much… I’ve seen worse xD

I was wandering this also, but the way i use lingq is to write all of my lingqs down manually . therfore i won’t “lose” them if i delete them .so…how do i delete them? or can’t you.?

1 Like

You have to open the LingQ and use the “x”.

But I think LingQ without using the LingQ is not the same. It is so great to open new lessons and see the blue, yellow and underlined words. I love it :slight_smile:

I completely agree with Veral.
And yes, 10 dollars is not much considering all the advantages you get when upgrading (including the iLingQ android app) and considering that you can benefit of them in all the languages you are practicing, not just in one of them.
Greetings.

How can i upgrade?
Why i can just watch a language?

1 Like

@keikeibabi520 - you can upgrade on the Account page (https://www.lingq.com/accounts/account/). Select a membership (for example, Premium) and click “Upgrade now”.