UK General Election 2017

:-o

He’s standing as a parliamentary candidate in Uxbridge and South Ruislip

(In our system, you have to be an elected MP to be appointed as a minister in the government.)

This is what I imagine Prinz Brexit to be Rowan Atkinson - Conservative Conference - YouTube

This is nearer the modern image :slight_smile:

Ruthie is such a perfect woman, IMO.

(As a man I have to ask: why is it always the best ones who are gay? :-0)

I always imagined you to be like Pat Condell’s little brother or something.

He is actually one of few people (Katie Hopkins is another) whose views are ever such a wee bit TOO pungently rightwing - even for me!

:slight_smile:

He is also a big time atheist. I figured you two were like the Hitchens bros.

I liked some of Condell’s older videos from almost a decade ago. I didn’t watch any of his stuff for years and then tuned in again recently and didn’t like it at all.

IMO, atheists are actually half way between the indifferent majority and believers!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait for the results!

If it’s a bad night for Labour (Please!) I’ll probably come back here in the wee small hours UK time to crow about it.

(If it’s NOT a bad night for Labour, I’ll be too tanked up with Scotch to type - literally!)

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I plan to read the manifesto of the winning party. I don’t understand why so many people read the manifestos of all the main parties before the election when they could just wait until after and then they only have to read one!

@Prinz_ErdingtonTory, I’ll avoid other media (Radio, TV,…) until I have your report, here at Linq.com, tomorrow morning at 7 o’clock Swedish time - try to write something fun, no matter what.

That’s one of the trademarks of British political life, I fear :wink:

BBC Exit Poll is suggesting we will be the largest party but MAY lose the overall majority in parliament.

Damn! F__king (unprintable) Blankety-Blank!!! :open_mouth:

It’s going to be a long night…it’s going to be a genuine knife-edge. Only time’ll tell if we dodged the bullet!??

(We will have some DUP members from Northern Ireland to rely on - they are basically Tories with hardline Protestantism bolted on…)

Why is the labour party so bad?

“An updated BBC forecast predicted May’s Conservatives would win 318 of the 650 seats, eight short of a majority, while Corbyn’s left-wing Labour would take 267 – producing a “hung parliament” and potential deadlock.”
Election hangs in balance on disastrous night for May Reuters | Breaking International News & Views

Quite honestly, Corbyn-Labour isn’t really my worry. The absolute nightmare scenario would be a Labour minority government controlled by the SNP.

However, it looks like (with the 10 DUP guys from Northern Ireland) we just squeaked over the line.

(Still a truly appalling result for us though…)

With the DUP we’re over the line - do the math.

I still like your system way better. Having more than 2 parties to choose from… you aren’t forced to choose between Hillary and president idiot.

DUP: Who are the Democratic Unionist Party, that could hold the balance of power in a hung parliament?

@Yutaka Do you even read the articles that you post? The article pretty much supports Prince of Belair’s thesis.

@usablefiber Choosing between 10 idiots or 2 idiots doesn’t really make that much of a difference.