Transcription set to default in Chinese traditional characters?

Hello, I tried creating a lesson in Chinese. I copied and pasted the text. I also had audio and added it. Audio didn’t show in the playlist on my phone. Then as suggested in another post I tried editing the lesson, I tried generating timestamps, then I think Lingq used Whisper with the audio to generate a new text, but I already had text and original audio, so it wasn’t necessary. Anyway the generated text is in Chinese traditional characters. I study Chinese with simplified characters. It seems LingQ outputs traditional characters without any way to set Chinese characters. I didn’t find anything in settings. This is strange and not something I would want.

That sounds like a bug, we will investigate.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s the first time I use it and since there are 2 writing forms in Chinese, it would be nice to be able to choose between simplified and traditional. Simplified is more widespread nowadays, anyway it’s not that one is better than the other one, it’s just that having to convert to the desired form takes extra time and then not all users may know how to do.

1 Like