This is Newbie Nejra from Sarajevo!

Hi LingQ folks!

Just thought to say a quick hello and introduce my self;

My name is Nejra and my objective is to learn French in less than half year & afterwards who knows. I study politics and would like to speak 5 languages at least, in the next 3-4 years. :slight_smile:

My native language is Bosnian - which means I also speak 4 other languages but I don’t cheat :smiley:
At age 7 I was introduced to English and as a child I was able to learn through fun ways a new language extremely fast. And I started wondering why I could not do the same couple of years later. So came the idea of a personal challenge to learn all the languages I ever wanted to learn, however with a bit smarter approach, or you may say a more "careless " approach.

French, Spanish, German come first for the most obvious reasons, being that I am an International Relations student.

I would love it if you said a brief hi below and introduce yourself, tell me what you are learning and what is your objective.

Would be pleased to help you learn English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian.

Let me know,
Nejra

Hi Nejra, I hope you will enjoy lingq. it’s been really useful for me. The other day I was just thinking that I’ve probably learnt at least half of my Russian here (and listening to mp3’s while commuting etc. that I’ve downloaded from here).

At the moment, I’m learning Russian, Japanese and Spanish. I haven’t made a firm decision yet, but possibly I will start learning French. Actually I have already studied French a bit, every now and then. I just got the holy book of French Assimil and subscribed to French yabla. I’ve also watched bookbox fairytales in youtube.

I haven’t made quite decided yet, which languages I want to know really well and which just the basics. In the very near future I can’t make huge strides in all of them at the same time.

Soon I should learn the second official language of Finland. That is Swedish.

Who knows? Maybe I’ll learn Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian some day.

Yeah, hopefully you enjoy the site! I’ve been a member for a while, but I never really used it much until recently. I think it’s really improved my listening skills in some languages though^^

I’m learning German, Swedish, Japanese, French and Finnish because I apparently didn’t know how to pace myself and tried to take on way too many languages at once. I’m now stuck with more languages than I have time to learn, but I refuse to give any of them up, so I guess I’ll just continue slowly and awkwardly improving in all of them and take new languages on one at a time once I build these ones up to decent levels.

There aren’t that many languages I’m NOT interested in learning, but perhaps the ones I’m most likely to adopt next would be Polish, Russian, Hungarian and Icelandic.

The goal is to cram as many languages into my brain as possible! :smiley:

@b4kemono: thanks for the shout out, keep it up. If you learn Russian you will be able to learn Bosnian too easily. :slight_smile: I understand maybe 60% of all basic Russian vocabulary. The whole point of Lingq is interactive, that is why I love it so much. Let me know sometimes how you are progressing.

@lynkusu: Glad to hear you are back here, perssistance is key. But maybe if you focused on one at a time you would have a better vision and be able to learn without feeling stuck. It sounds like you are all over the place, would be fun to learn French together. Let me know. :smiley:

Btw let me share a cool video with you guys: Hacking language learning: Benny Lewis at TEDxWarsaw - YouTube

“But maybe if you focused on one at a time you would have a better vision and be able to learn without feeling stuck.”

Yeah, you’re definitely right. I realized that a few months ago, but I just can’t bring myself to give any of them up. Ugh, they’re just all so awesome…

About the video: Yeah, Benny’s awesome. I always love to hear what he has to say^^
My favourite polyglot is Khatzumoto, though. If you don’t know him, well, here ya go :smiley: AJATT | All Japanese All The Time | You don't know a language, you live it. You don't learn a language, you get used to it.