The Passive Voice and English mentality

I agree with Maths’s idea that “It’s just the way that these events in the world are captured in words.” But I can say that these events are captured in words differently in various countries. And it’s for a good reason.
As to doors, I can say that if I want to translate this phrase (“The door was opened”) into Russian word by word It will be sound like " Дверь была открыта". And this phrase “The door opened” can be translated as Дверь открылась. And this phrase “The door was open” can be translated as “Дверь была открытой” (but it sounds a bit odd) We can simply say “Дверь была открыта.” As you see there is no difference. As Lastsafari has noticed we mean different things when we use this or that grammar construction.

Oh! I nearly forgot. There is verb “have” in Russian. For-ex: Я имею все основания…
Я имею ввиду; Я имею право, Я имею собственное мнение etc.
But I should draw your attention that in some cases this verb has indecent meaning.

"I can say that these events are captured in words differently in various countries. And it’s for a good reason. "

Do you actually think Russophones who do not know/care about English translations think about “having” things in a different way?

well… I suppose to philosophize about everything is one of the features of Russian people.