The Best Course of Action

As the title suggests, I’m trying to find the best course of action in french. I currently have 6300 known words and must have studied the grammar for 30-50 hours from scratch although my background in Spanish helped immensely.
Would it be a good idea to keep practising grammar through Spanish, laddering or should i keep reading and reading.
If I should continue reading, should I read more graded type of books like mini stories or olly richard’s short stories, or would it be fine if I practice extensive reading with harry potter, the little prince and steve’s book the linguist?

Hi, cankut!

You probably have all the French grammar skills you need at the moment. Your priority should therefore be a lot of “reading” and “listening” right now (by the way, reading alone isn’t enough. If you skip the listening part, you’ll completely collapse in French when you’re dealing with French conversations. I experienced this as a teenager - not recommended!).

As you re approaching a low intermediate level (A2-B1), here’s an up-to-date collection of French resources that you can use on LingQ:

This collection of resources (including Olly’s short stories) should be more than enough to keep you busy for a long time. So, there’s probably no need to resort to graded readers in French.

Good luck
Peter