Suggest an improvement to the already great flashcards

I am going to suggest an improvement to the already great flashcards…basically, it would be great to be able to incorporate phrases from all the instances of the target text into the flashcard itself, instead of just the one that was on either side of the LingQed word/phrase. For example if I LingQ the word “sheep”, the phrase on the flashcard would be the one surrounding the word in the text that I LingQed. I would like to be able to see the phrases surrounding up to 4 more instances of that word that appear in the libraries. Sort like having the option to “add to flashcard” when you click the current “Examples” link.

Why? 1) because I am interested in seeing a few different usages of a single form at the same time in order to refine the essential meaning of the form 2) it cuts down on making phrasal LingQs since the common form in a bunch of different phrases will eventually cluster all the phrases on the same card …making phrasal LingQs is sometimes tricky in Japanese 3) I like spending time guessing from context when I do flashcarding. because I think it helps my memory, and 4) I feel it helps my focus when I am listening to read the phrase from text when I flashcard, if I am reading many phrases clustered around a single basic form, even better…

You can edit the LingQ directly from the Flash Card and look up other examples can you not?

sure you can look up other examples… but in order to study the other phrases in which the target word/phrase appears, you would have to LingQ the target word/phrase in the other examples and study them each on separate flashcards. In addition, in the subsequent LingQs, you would have to Lingq the target word/phrase plus something because you need to have a unique target word/phrases to create separate flashcards. My suggestion is to offer the option of collecting up to 4 of the phrases for a given target word/phrase on a single flashcard…

I think it would make for a crowded flash card. I just look up other examples, review them and occasionally replace the example that I have in the flash card.