Standard language tests like TOEIC and TOEFL

We do not have tests at LingQ, although we may one day. Still, I think that LingQ is one of the best ways to prepare for these tests, since LingQ improves listening, reading and vocabulary, as well as output activities if you engage with a tutor.

Yesterday one of our learners, Ayako in Japan, told me that she improved her TOEIC score from 500 to 800 in just one year on LingQ. Congratulations Ayako!

I took the TOEIC at the end of last month after a few month intensive reading and listening on LingQ system.
It was my seventh TOEIC in the past 16 years. I usually ran out of time at the reading and grammer section, but this time I felt it was much easier than ever and had more than 10 minutes left when I finished my answer sheet. There were a few questions that I needed time to think over, but for the rest of them I just felt the right answers like my intuition told me.

I think it is because I have been intensively exposing myself to natural English that is not arranged for exam preparation. Of course I needed to check some points in grammar before the exam, but most of the time I just enjoyed my reading.

This experience really helps me to keep my motivation.
I look forward to see my TOEIC score that will be sent at the end of this month.

Thanks.

500 to 800 in one year is really really good. I have had students who have had nearly 500 points on the TOEIC for year after year. Congratulations Ayako. I will make sure I pass this success story to all my business students who are required to take the TOEIC for their job.

Congratulations to Naokos too :wink: I am sure you did just fine.

Personally I feel like after studying here at Lingq, I can pass level 2 of the 日本語能力試験 and maybe do pretty good at level 1…

but i am not at all interested in taking that test

Just for fun of it, the other day at the bookstore I picked up a study book for the French proficiency test here in Japan. I was able to answer most of the questions without any study of grammar at all. I have only been studying here at LingQ