SRS LingQ Words Not Showing Up

New User, have added around 100 new LingQ words over the past few days. Words are properly showing up in the Vocabulary All tab, but Phrases and SRS tab are empty and state Looks like you haven’t Lingq-ed any words yet. I have reviewed some words through the review function, but not enough to cover all of my Lingq words. Furthermore brand new added Lingq words continue not to show up in the Phrases or SRS tab. Please help

Do you have Daily LingQs notifications/emails enabled for your study language under the Settings > Notifications?

I seem to have the same issue

I have the same issue. My daily email says “Review daily LingQs” but when I click on “Review” it says “Looks like you haven’t LingQed any words yet”. I do have over 100 such words at this stage. Thank you!

I have the same issues. I have over 200 lingqed words and phrases but the SRS tab says I have none.

I understand your frustration with the LingQed words not showing up in the SRS tab. It can be quite perplexing when the system doesn’t seem to align with our efforts.

One thing to double-check is whether the words you LingQed are properly synced with your SRS tab. Sometimes, there might be a delay in the system updating the information. It’s also worth ensuring that you’ve selected the appropriate lesson from the Library to initiate the process.

If the issue persists, reaching out to customer support could provide further clarity and assistance in resolving this matter promptly.

On a side note, have you explored how this platform handles different eBook formats? It might offer valuable insights into optimizing your eBooks for various devices and reader preferences.

Let’s keep troubleshooting together and uncover the solution!