[Solved] SRT import does not work

Importing audio with srt does not work. Instead one gets no feedback and has to explore the Network tab to find this quite surprising message: “Importing failed - Subtitles can’t be used”, even though srt is clearly in the supported format list.

• Tried in Japanese and Greek.
  • The audio was in mp3 format. When uploaded separatedly via generate transcript the import found no issues. The audio does not seem to be the problem.
  • When uploading only the srt I get the same “Importing failed - Subtitles can’t be used” message (this not working is expected, but a better message error could not hurt: Subtitles can’t be imported without audio).

I’m assuming that the logic used in denying single srt imports is faulty and prevents srt + audio imports.

Or maybe you don’t support srt imports and forgot to update the allowed format list.

1 Like

That seems to be a bug, we will look into it.

1 Like

Hi @rafarafa !
As far as I know SRT and MP3 files can be uploaded together or separately.
I can assume in this case the issue is in a certain SRT file. Can you please try another SRT file, or share with me the current in PM?

2 Likes

Oh, you are completely right, the issue was between chair and keyboard. Apparently my srts didn’t have the separating space between entries… I was trying to upload:

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:06,000
みなさん、こんにちは、みなさんとってジョーセッティなんですか?
00:00:06,000 --> 00:00:13,000
今回のイージーダパニーズは、夏の人たちにジョーセッティって、お話を聞いてみたいと思います。
00:00:20,000 --> 00:00:22,000
ジョーセッティですか?今?

Instead of

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:06,000
みなさん、こんにちは、みなさんとってジョーセッティなんですか?

00:00:06,000 --> 00:00:13,000
今回のイージーダパニーズは、夏の人たちにジョーセッティって、お話を聞いてみたいと思います。

00:00:20,000 --> 00:00:22,000
ジョーセッティですか?今?

Sorry for the time waste. I will update the title to [Solved] instead of [BUG]. If you want me to delete this post let me know.

On a side note I still find the error message a bit ambiguous and the root of all of this confusion.

It seems to hint at, well, the subtitles not being supported, when, at least in this case, it was just a parse error.

2 Likes